- AAU does not recruit through recruitment agencies, and shall never ask for any payments related but not limited to visa, recruitment, travel expenses etc.
- All the recruitment offers are sent through official HR Email ID (firstname.lastname@example.org), AAU shall bear no responsibility of the offers sent through IDs other than the mentioned Email ID.
Assistant / Associate Professor in Public Relations
Reference Number: 030
The College seeks a dynamic and collaborative faculty member to guide and inspire Public Relations. Candidates must also have evident potential in providing quality teaching at undergraduate level. Demonstrated interest in developing case studies, e-learning solutions and other innovative pedagogical resources is a plus. Also Should have a good practical experience in the field of industry.
- · To lead teaching, curriculum development, and course management supporting the College’s activities in public relations studies.
- To engage actively in research/scholarly activity.
- To undertake projects at course/college level focused on enhancing student practical experience.
- May be required to mentor colleagues with less experience; co-ordinate the work of other to ensure effective teaching delivery; supervise administrative and professional staff.
- To participate in the community engagement activities to serve the community.
- To ensure that the teaching is informed by contemporary research in the relevant field and develops the ability of students to engage in debate, critical discourse and rational thinking.
- To ensure that students have an effective learning experience by providing high quality academic guidance and advice, which enhances their employability.
- To undertake work with a range of external partners and professional bodies/agencies in the UAE and overseas.
- To reflect critically on teaching practice, implement improvements, disseminate good practice effectively to others, and contribute to quality monitoring and enhancement and to professional accreditation processes as required.
- To work effectively as a team member, chairing committees and working groups, and where appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
- To demonstrate innovative approaches to teaching and support for students through the use of a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- Evidence of sound full-time teaching experience with an appropriate scholarly record at the assistant/associate professor level in higher education.
- Demonstrate a good experience of working in the field of Public Relations.
- Bilingual Arabic and English (Special emphasis in the ability to teach in English language)
- Evidence of excellence in research.
- Experience serving diverse communities or groups traditionally under-represented in academia.
- Active participation in professional organizations or associations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be academically prepared and professionally qualified to teach public relations courses at the undergraduate.Apply