Dr. Riadh JELJELI is an Assistant Professor at Al Ain University, College of Communication and Media, in Al Ain, UAE. He received his Ph.D. in Information and Communication Sciences from Aix-En-Provence University (EJCAM), France, in 2014, under the supervision of Professor Patrick Yves Badillo. He was hired to the college of communication and media at Al Ain University in 2015 as an Assistant Professor. He was appointed as Program Director in 2021. Jeljeli’s research focuses on artificial intelligence, strategic communication, public relations, social media, and corporate communication.
Committees Service at the University/College Level:
- Director" Communication and Media" Program
- Chair of Quality Assurance Committee
- Coordinator for E-learning development committee (AAU)
- Committee member for AQAS Accreditation
- Committee member for Accreditations
- Coordinator for Internship
- Coordinator for Library committee (AAU)
- Coordinator for E-learning development committee (AAU)
- Coordinator for Scientific Research, Congress and Events committee (AAU)
- Coordinator for Students affairs committee (AAU)
- Coordinator for Research and Ethical considerations committee (AAU)
- Coordinator for Community engagement committee (AAU)
- Coordinator for Quality Assurance and Institutional Research Center (AAU)
Ph.D. Information and Communication Sciences, University of Aix-Marseille, EJCAM, France. Major: Information and Communication Sciences Area of specialization: Information and Communication Technology
M.S Information and Communication Sciences, University of Aix-Marseille, EJCAM, France. Area of Concentration: Information and Communication Sciences
B.S Business Administration, University of Carthage, ESC Tunis, Tunisia. Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Organizational communication
- Crisis communication
- Digital communication
- social media and networks
- Social media and gender
- Strategic Communication
- Public relations
- Farhi, F., Jeljeli, R., Slamene,R; Mohsen,M; Zamoum,K (2023). Towards Communication in Achieving Sustainable Economic Development Goals: The Role of Communication in UAE Media Institutions. Sustanaibility, 15(10).
- Farhi, F., Jeljeli, R., Zamoum.K, B.L, Ben Lagha.F (2023). Metaverse Technology in Public Relations Practices: A Case Study of IT Products Retailers in the UAE. Emerging Science Journal, 7(03).
- Farhi, F., Jeljeli, R., Zahra.A, Saidani.S, Feguiri.L (2023). Factors Behind Virtual Assistance Usage Among iPhone Users: Theory of Reasoned Action. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM), 17(02)
- Farhi, F., Jeljeli, R., & H,M. (2022). How Do Students Perceive Artificial Intelligence in YouTube Educational Videos Selection? A Case Study of Al Ain City. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (IJET) , 17(22).
- Jeljeli, R., Farhi, F., H, M., & Saidani, S. (2022). The Impact of Technology on Audiovisual Production in the Social Media Space. Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 11(6), 48.
- Jeljeli, R., Farhi, F., & H, M. (2022). The Mediating Role of Gender in Online Shopping Acceptance: From the WOM Perspective. Heliyon, 8 (10).
- Jeljeli, R., Farhi, F., & H, M. (2022). The Effect of Consumer Review on the Perceived Trustworthiness of Online Retailers: Item Response Theory Perspective. International Journal of Data and Network Science, 6(4), 1341–1350.
- Jeljeli, R., Farhi, F., Setoutah, S., & Laghouag, A. A. (2022). Microsoft Teams’ Acceptance for the E-Learning Purposes During Covid-19 Outbreak: A Case Study of UAE. International Journal of Data and Network Science, 6(3), 629–640.
- Elfateh H.M., Farhi.F., Jeljeli.R. (2021).The Status of Scientific Research and Publication in Media and Communication Sciences at Arab Universities: An Analytical Field Study. Journal of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing. Vol 5, No.4. (SCOPUS)
- Elbasir M., Elareshi M.,Habas M., Jeljeli R., Salloum S.A. (2021). Media and Non-Media Students’ Feedback and Improvement of University Teaching and the Learning Environment. In: Hassanien A.E. et al. (eds) Proceedings of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision (AICV2021). AICV 2021. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1377. (pp. 754-765). Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-76346-6_67.
- Aissani, R., Elareshi, M., Jeljeli., R. (2021). Perceptions and Comparative of Media Education Curricula in Arab Universities. Elementary Education Online. (SCOPUS) 5(20), 5557-5566.
- Elareshi, M.,Habes, M., Jeljeli, R., & Ziani, A (2021). New Media Users’ Awareness of Online Inflammatory and Mobilisation Methods for Radical and Extreme Activities. Elementary Education Online. Scopus-SJR: Q4.5(20), 5567-6676
- Jeljeli.R, Samira Satoutah, Farhi Faycal, (2021), Citizen-Journalist Dilemma Between Media Freedom and Professionalism, Utopia y Praxis Latinoamericana., AÑO: 26, n° EXTRA 1, 2021, pp. 394-406, Scopus-SJR: Q2.
- Faycal Farhi, Salami Saidani, Jeljeli.R, (2021), Determinants of dependence on social media for accessing news: A study on a sample of journalists in the newsroom, “Psychology and Education”, ISSN: 0033-3077, 15 th March 2021, Scopus-SJR: Q4.
- Setoutah,S., Jeljeli,R. (2020). Strategy of managing cultural diversity to develop creativity in a learning organization. Utopia y Praxis Latinoamericana, volume 25 (Extra 6), 61-70.
- Mazouz, A., Alnaji, L., Jeljeli, R., & Al-Shdaifat, F. (2019). Innovation and entrepreneurship framework within the Middle East and North Africa region. African Journal of Science, Technology, Innovation and Development, 11(6), 699–710.
- Jeljeli, R., Alnaji, L., & Khazam, K. (2018). A comparison between moodle, Facebook, and paper-based assessment tools: Students’ perception of preference and effect on performance. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning.
- Mazouz, A., Alnaji, L., Jeljeli, R., & Al-Shdaifat, F. (2017). Innovation and entrepreneurship framework within the Middle East and North Africa Region. AAU Journal of Business and Law, 1(1), 14–25. Retrieved from www.aau.ac.ae
- Jeljeli, R., Khazam, K. S., & Alnaji, L. (2017). Are program learning outcomes helping students tackle employability issues in United Arab Emirates? Global Business & Economics Anthology, 1, 68–74.
Jeljeli, R. (2010). Hyperlinks and mediated communication of knowledge. International Journal of Information Sciences for Decision Making (ISDM),39, 323–336.
- Jeljeli, R. (2008). Social media and mediated communication of knowledge. International Journal of Information Sciences for Decision Making (ISDM), 32, 182–192. Retrieved from http://isdm.univ-tln.fr/articles/num_archives.htm#isdm32
- Mohsen.M, Alkadash.M.T, Jeljeli.R, Farhi.F, Abdel Qadir. (2023). Influencer Marketing Through Digital Platforms and its Reflection on the Purchasing Response of Bahraini Youth. In International Conference on Economics and Administrative Sciences (ICEAS2023): Business Organaizations Trends in Light of Digital Transformation: Economic, Legal and Media, 8-10March, Jordan.
- Farhi, F, Jeljeli, R. (2023). Investigating the Role of Metaverse Technology-Facilitated Online Advertising in Purchase Decision-Making. In 6th International Conference On Innovative Computing and Communication (ICICC 2023), 17-18 February, New Delhi, India.
- Jeljeli, R., Farhi, F (2023). PR Leadership and Immersive Environment in Metaverse Technology Adoption: The Mediation of Horizon Workrooms and Embodied Social Presence. CFP in The 6th Equal Opportunities Conference “Sustainable Leadership and Technology Innovation Management”, 6-8 February, Bahrain.
- Jeljeli, R., Farhi, F, Zahra.A. (2022). How do AI and PR Facilitate Artificial Intelligence in Reputation Management? A Case Study of Banking Sector Customers in UAE. CFP in “The International Conference on Business and Technology (ICBT2022)”, 12-13 November, Istanbul, Turkey. (Best Paper Award)
- Farhi.F, Jeljeli.R., Belarbi.A.(2022). Artificial Intelligence in Sustaining Internal Communication in Corporate Sector: The Mediation of Two-way Communication Perspective of PR. CFP in “23rd International Arab Conference on Information Technology (ACIT 2022)”, 23-24 November, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Jeljeli.R., Farhi.F, Pacha.S.(2022). EI Integrated PR for Online Communication in Customer Loyalty: The Mediating Role of Artificial Intelligence. CFP in “The 9th International Conference on Social Networks Analysis, Management and Security (SNAMS-2022)”, 29 November-01 December, Milan, Italy.
- Elbasir, M., Elareshi, M., Habes, M., Jeljeli., & Salloum, S. (2021). Media and Non-Media Students’ Feedback and Improvement of University Teaching and Learning Environment. Paper to be presented at the 2nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision (AICV2021), 28-30 June, Morocco (Springer - SCOPUS).
- Aissani.R, Elareshi, M., Jeljeli.R, (2021), Teaching media and communication in Arab universities, a comparative analytical study of the teaching plans of some colleges and departments of media and communication. Paper presented in Media Literacy and Education Conference, Qaboos University, March 23-25, Oman.
- Farhi.F, Jeljeli.R, (2021), Media and Communication in Arab Universities - An Analytical Comparative Study for Some Media and Communication Faculties and Departments. Paper presented in Media Literacy and Education Conference, Qaboos University, March 23-25, Oman.
- Setoutah, S., & Jeljeli, R. (2019). The strategy of managing cultural diversity to develop creativity in a learning organization. In Cross-Cultural Communication Conference, 23-24 January. Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Mazouz, A., Alnaji, L., & Jeljeli, R. (2017). Innovation indicators and growth in the United Arab Emirates? In Paper presented at The Society’s 30th International Conference, 08-11 January. Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Jeljeli, R., Khazam, K., & Alnaji, L. (2017a). Are program learning outcomes helping students tackle employability issues in United Arab Emirates? In Paper presented at the Society’s 30th International Conference, 08-11 January. Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Jeljeli, R., & Mazouz, A. (2016). Knowledge management, and organizational culture: examining the relationship between the two concepts within the gulf region. In Paper presented at the International Conference For Academic Disciplines, 31 January-04 February. Al Ain, UAE.
- Jeljeli, R., & Qaimari, B. (2016). Exploring the effects of social media use on the mental health of young adults: a case study from Al Ain University. In Paper presented at the International Conference For Academic Disciplines, 31 January-04 February. Al Ain, UAE.
- Jeljeli, R. (2009). Liens hypertextes et communication médiatisées des connaissances. In TICEMED 2009 - 6th International Conference, Ubiquitous Learning, 28-29 May. Milano, Italia.
- Jeljeli, R. (2008a). Contributions of the sociology of communication for the study of the impact of ICT on knowledge communication. In 18th AISLF Congress, 8-11 Jully. Istanbul, Turkey. Retrieved from https://congres2008.aislf.org/
- Jeljeli, R. (2008b). Réseaux sociaux et communication médiatisée des connaissances. In L’humain dans la formation à distance: la problématique de l’interculture, 21-24 April. Sfax, Tunisia.
- Jeljeli, R., & Guedri zied. (2008). Knowledge Management and organizational capacity: Case of Tunisian Post Office. In 76th ACFAS Congress, 5-9 May. Quebec, Canada.
- 2015 - Ongoing: Associate Professor, Al Ain University, College of Communication & Media, UAE.
- 2007 - 2010: Assistant Professor, University of Carthage (TUNISIA) FSEG Nabeul
- 2007 - 2008: Assistant Professor, University of Carthage (TUNISIA) INSAT, University of Science & Technology
- 2003 - 2007: Adjunct Professor, EM LYON Business School (FRANCE)
- Introduction to journalism
- Mass Communication Law and Ethics
- Mass Media in the UAE
- Introduction to Advertising
- Introduction to Public Relations
- Protocol and Etiquette
- Public Relations Management
- Organizational Communication
- Printed Advertising
- Advertising Management
- International Public Relations
- Online Public Relations
- Organization of Special Events
- Planning Advertising Campaigns
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Case studies in Public Relations
- Writing for Public Relations
- Public Relations Campaigns
- Internship (Journalism, Advertising, Public relations)
- Graduation Project in Advertising
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA), UK
- Member of Canadian Association of Communication (CCA), Canada
- Member of the Institute of Research in Information and Communication Sciences (IRICS), France